I moved into a place with two fans controlled by one remote, which has been annoying. I bought the Hampton Bay Universal Thermostatic Ceiling Fan Remote Control and am trying to replace the existing receiver with the new one. The problem I'm running into is that the ceiling fan has more wires than the new receiver.
Wiring: Original Fan -> Original Receiver
- Yellow -> Yellow (labeled "Motor 1")
- White -> White (labeled "Light")
- Red -> Red (labeled "Motor 2")
- Gray -> Gray (labeled "Motor 3")
- Blue -> Blue (not labeled)
Wiring: New Receiver
- White (labeled "Motor N")
- Black (labeled "Motor L")
- Blue (labeled "For Light")
How should I safely and correctly wire the new receiver with three wires to the existing ceiling fan with five wires? Thanks in advance.