enter image description here


What is the right viscosity of a silicone grease to lubricate between the ceramic-discs of single lever mixer faucet? NLGI-00,NLGI 1,NLGI 2 etc.


  • Have you checked the manufacturer's documentation on what the proper product to use is? That would be my starting point. – jwh20 Oct 14 at 13:58
  • No,unfortunately,i couldn't achieve the manufacturer's documentation.I would like to know,in general,what should the viscosity be,when applying it between ceramic-discs?It doesn't matter which company made it.ceramic-discs made of ceramic in all brands.The question is what is the viscosity of the grease that should use in ceramic disc? – xchcui Oct 14 at 14:09
  • Hello, and welcome to Home Improvement. It's a little hard to understand your post; would you spend a little time fixing capitalization and sentences, and splitting it into a paragraph or two? And, you should probably take our tour so you'll know how best to participate here. – Daniel Griscom Oct 14 at 18:54
  • Why do you feel you need to break open that unit and "lubricate between the ceramic-discs that are located inside the plastic cartridge of a single lever mixer faucet." ? I would assume that if the manufacturer wanted you to do that they would have given you the instruction and info to do it. ? Potable or Portable ? – Alaska Man Oct 14 at 19:27
  • Silicone grease is silicone grease, if there were a special requirement, the manufacturer's documents and/or website would be the place to look. Some brands even use Teflon lubricants... the only thing that usually matters, is that it be an approved food grade lubricant. – tahwos Oct 15 at 1:16

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.