More door handle fun. So our apartment inside front door handle has fallen off as all 3 screws fell out. You can see the mess they were screwed into below:
I need to put this back on in the same place.
What would be the recommended course of action here?
- wood filler? Seems like a lot of space to fill, and it could jam the spindle.
- dowels? But there’s no clear screw holes to position in
- rawl plugs? Same concern as above
- mount a new piece of wood and pull the shingle through, attach with small screws?
- regret ever attempting to fix - attach handle on a use by use basis