I want to permanently remove the radiator picture belowd. The home has been retrofitted with central air and a few mini splits and the radiators are no longer in use. The boiler has been removed from the home already. My questions are:
- Is there any good way to tell if the pipes still have water?
- What kind of mess should I expect to come out of these?
- I unscrewed what I believe to be a air bleed value, and there wasn't any water or air coming out. Does this mean I'm ok to remove the pipes?
- Should I just cut the copper pipes? I tried getting some movement on the compression fitting with a crescent wrench but that thing is on there really tight.
- Any other recommendations on preparedness before I take these out?
Other notes: there are no cut off valves before the copper hits the radiator.