I think this wooden piece is called sill but not sure, (as seen in the picture below, in red box) rotted sill of the door

I am think of replacing it with a new one, the question is, is it standardized? I measured it and the length is 36". Where can I buy it? Anything I need to pay attention to when replacing it?



It's called a threshold and 36" is a standard size but many places might carry a larger size that has to be cut to fit due to door framing. Your best bet would be to remove it and take it with you to a home store and get a close match, they can vary a small bit in style but the height needs to be the same as it will fit up against your door. I have always caulk around any threshold I've installed just as an added protection against moisture. Good luck

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.