I have a hanging light fixture that I'm trying to put a lampshade on. Because the light fixture hangs from the ceiling, If I don't screw something underneath it, the lampshade would fall down.

The light fixture has screw threads, so I can use a screw ring to hold the lampshade up. But, I don't know the name for the screw-ring so I don't know how to shop for it.

I see in this photo of the light fixture next to a screw-ring-thing that is too small, what is the British name for the screw-ring?

Light fixture next to a screw-ring-thingy


Try googling "shade ring". I found quite a few that were of different sizes so you'd have to be more specific of the size.

Here's one I found at 1000bulbs.com

enter image description here

| improve this answer | |

shade ring or lampholder skirt. They come in different sizes. If your lampholder is that style (with a low energy lamp) you'll need an E27 shade ring and a 40mm hole in the lampholder.

Ordinary standard Bayonet Cap lampholders are smaller diameter.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.