I mistakenly put in a dimmer light bulb and, when I pulled the string to turn on the lights, it blew the light fixture of my ceiling fan. I've tried changing the bulbs, but the fixture isn't working at all.

  • 2
    Welcome.What's your question? What does "blew the fixture" mean? Is there visible damage? What sort of fixture is it? Please revise your question to be more clear so we can help. – isherwood Oct 4 '19 at 13:26

If you mean a lower wattage bulb this would not cause any problems, the fixture wiring may have shorted out tripping the breaker, or causing a wiring failure at a backstab splice. More information is needed to try and help. But a dimmer bulb would not be the cause unless the bulb itself had an internal short causing the breaker to trip or a wiring failure.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.