5 hole double sided razor blade In the knife

I have this razor blade knife that I cannot find replacement blades for. I love the knife but I don't even know what to search for.

What are these blades called and where can I get them?

The metal handle has martor-handy Inox no. 444 Solingen Germany on it.

  • Have you gone to the utility knife section of the hardware store and looked ?
    – Alaska Man
    Commented Sep 14, 2019 at 22:01
  • Shopping questions are off topic, are there any markings on the holder? Like a brand name. I have not seen that style knife.
    – Ed Beal
    Commented Sep 14, 2019 at 22:02
  • Looks a lot like a standard "old style" razor blade (for shaving) would fit, but the present blade is a bit different from that.
    – Ecnerwal
    Commented Sep 14, 2019 at 22:13
  • @AlaskaMan that's the first thing I've tried. Also "5 hole razor blade" on Google. I didn't think to look for a name on the tool itself, will update with that info Commented Sep 14, 2019 at 22:27

3 Answers 3


Thanks to Ed Beal, I looked at the name on the tool. That also led me to take a scouring pad to the blade itself and lo and behold it's a Cartonax 45 Cartonax 45 blade


That looks vaguely like a regular safety razor blade. I'm a bit dubious as to the dimensions, though. I measured mine at 1 12/16" x 14/16", with holes 5/16" from each end. If those (approximately) match your blade, and both sides are sharp, it's probably it.

The main reason I doubt this is that most safety razors are a bit shorter on the blade ends than the middle, while utility razors aren't.


looks like this one.


I searched "box cutter"

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.