My exterior camera system uses this particular cover to hide wired on the siding. We're changing the cameras over to a more modern type (And some of the cameras are defective over their > 15 year use)

What is it, and can I purchase it at home depot or similar stores?

Pictured at the base of the camera: enter image description here

2 Answers 2


It looks to me like a standard vinyl siding mounting block.

enter image description here


This was most likely a trim piece that a professional installer had access to or even something that the camera company made at the time. I'm not an expert or camera installer, but I know my way around Home Depot and dabble in home security and I haven't seen this item commonly sold. If you look at more "pro level" catalogs targeted at installers you might find something.

That said, why can't you re-use the existing parts you have? It doesn't look like they have an extremely large hole or anything? A good cleaning and coat of paint should be enough to make them as good as new.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.