I need to fasten standard 15mm water pipes to a division wall in my house (built in UK in the 1970's). Some clips are already in place, but I need to add more (I am talking about clips like this: https://www.wolseley.co.uk/product/center-hinged-wrap-over-pipe-clip-15-mm/).

I am only familiar with brick, cement-plastered walls, so please bear with my newbieness:

  1. What kind of wall and plastering do I have? See the pics of a hole in a wall on the same floor:


  1. What kind of screws (material, size, shape, gauge) do you recommend?

  2. Should I use plugs (anchors)? I unmounted one of the existing clips and the screw seems to have none.

Any further advice on what I should/shouldn't do, or anything else, is welcome.


1 Answer 1


You have a standard drywall wall. I have used these anchors for years with much success. They can be installed without drilling and removed easily without a lot of damage to the wall and used again. I've included a picture of them. They can be used with #6 or #8 screws.enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.