I'm attempting to replace a bathroom sink drain and figured this rubber flexible coupling would be a prime spot to disconnect the old. However the two clamps don't seem to have a slot for a screwdriver to undo/adjust.

Front: enter image description here Back (no the slight line is not an indentation for a screwdriver). enter image description here

Is there a special trick to adjust/loosen these clamps or will I just have to cut it off?

  • Looks like you need to use a socket wrench or regular wrench; have you tried that? – UnhandledExcepSean Aug 31 '19 at 17:10
  • @ UnhandledExcepSean You should type that in as an answer. – JACK Aug 31 '19 at 17:19

You can use a socket or regular wrench to turn those types of clamp screws.

| improve this answer | |
  • wow I didn't see the hex shape – depperm Aug 31 '19 at 17:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.