My kitchen faucet has a slow leak coming from the faucet.

I removed the hot side knob (while forgetting to turn off the shutoff valve first) and some parts went airborne while I rushed to turn off the water.

Which part or parts do I need to replace?

I think the spring and the rubber object next to it go in the hole in the well.

What order do they go in if I am right?

enter image description here

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


The spring goes into the bottom of the cartridge followed by the rubber bushing/washer. The leak is probably coming from some of the other "o" rings or seals in the cartridge. You might want to consider just buying a new cartridge.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.