I recently replaced my vinyl floors with bamboo (Yanchi) The sub-floor had a small amount of black mold, but no moisture source was present. I removed it with some non-toxic treatment from Ace, and installed the new bamboo over it. Now, after a couple of hours in the home, both my fiance and I become lightheaded and develop headaches. I cannot currently stay in the home due to symptoms of: headaches and feeling of tiredness/reduced ability to concentrate.
At first we thought it was just some light mold exposure, and that the symptoms would subside as the airborne spores dispersed. It has been over a month, and the condition has not changed.
Actions taken so far:
- New CO alarm installed with no triggering.
- CO2 meter purchased and has never read above 800 ppm in any portion of the house.
- Gas company tested for CO and natural gas. All 0's.
- All sewer connected plumbing is confirmed to be sealed with traps.
- Professional air quality inspection performed, verifying no/normal levels of: Formaldehyde, CO2, all common mold types.
- Ozone generator run for 24 hours.
- AC duct work inspected for leaks.
- Windows opened and fans run with no AC for 1.5 weeks.
The condition remains. Neither of us get any respiratory problems whatsoever. I am out of ideas. Help me internet, you're my only hope.