I'm doing a renovation in a small house I just bought. All the plumbing will be ripped out and redone and I'm hoping to take the opportunity to move the water heater and laundry.

The problem is, the place where I want to move these appliances to was an addition to the house that is on blocks (not a full foundation - see photo). The house is in WA.

My question is, what are my options here? I imagine code will not allow me to run the plumbing under this structure because it is exposed to the elements. I'll bring a plumber soon to speak to it but moving the appliances is essential to my renovation plan so I'm looking for solutions to come in educated. (appliances will go up against the larger wall pictured.)

Thanks in advance!

prior house addition

  • Hello, and welcome to Home Improvement. Your problem is that you want to run water pipes from the addition across open space to the main house; you should rewrite your question appropriately. And, you should probably take our tour so you'll know how best to participate here. – Daniel Griscom Aug 19 '19 at 12:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.