enter image description here

I am currently planning out the framing portion of my project and I am trying to figure out what is what with the rough in plumbing you see in the picture. I don’t have any plumbing experience and plan to hire someone for that part but I want to know what’s what so I frame accordingly. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

  • This looks like new construction so the information you're requesting should be on the plumbing plans. The 4" cap on the floor with the square protruding top looks like a drain cleanout , the 2" pipes look like drains or vents and the "maroon" covered hole appears to be for a toilet but I'm just guessing on this. – JACK Aug 3 at 22:25

I think jack is right there looks to only be 1 water line so that maroon would be for the toilet, I would expect the vent to be in the wall, and the 1-1/2 or 2” pvc to be a sink drain , the toilet was probably planned at a 45. A sink requires a outlet within 36” so that electrical may be for that once the studs have been installed on the stem wall. With only 1 water line an on demand or small water heater may have been the plan.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.