I have an A4 sheet of paper inside of a standard (plastic) protective foil/lamination. I would like to affix this sheet onto an external wall, as a public sign/notice. The surface of the wall is not smooth but rather a bit uneven/textured.

I am wondering what kind of substance to use to make the foil stick to the wall. I guess some type of playdough should do the trick, either the type for children, or maybe some special type used in constructions. But I am not sure which type to buy.

I would like this to adhere well between the plastic foil and the wall, but also be undoable, for when I will want to later remove the notice; but for it to withstand weather elements (rain etc).

Any recommendations?

1 Answer 1


My short list would be:

  1. 3M Command strips
  2. Blue tack / "poster putty"
  3. Double-sided foam tape

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.