I have a steel sheet metal cabinet that uses the pictured brackets to hold up shelves. It has a runner in each corner on the inside, with slots which the brackets fit into with a little tooth on the back, which is 3/8" wide (shown below). The shelf sits on top of them. Similar to a push in shelf bracket. I would like to install some more shelves, but do not know what the brackets are called, preventing me from getting some more. Can these be identified to assist in purchasing some?

brackets installed into slots brackets installed into slots

top of brackets top of brackets

back of bracket showing tooth back of bracket showing tooth

bottom of bracket showing tooth bottom of bracket showing tooth

  • 1
    If they are old, then you may find getting them made or making them is a quicker option...
    – Solar Mike
    Jul 31, 2019 at 21:53
  • Did you ever get this resolved? If so, please give a check-mark to the answer or write up your own answer explaining what you did to get it fixed and give yourself a check mark. That will help others with this kind of problem know that this has a resolution and is a good place to look for their answer.
    – FreeMan
    Aug 27, 2020 at 23:53

1 Answer 1


Using the term "shelf clips" I was able to locate only one resource, a company called Locksco which has a clip that appears to be similar to yours.

shelf clip

During the search, I saw also the term "metal cabinet shelf clips" but using that search term did not present the previous location/link. At US$20 for quantity four, they certainly are expensive.

Note also that no references of scale are apparent. They could be too small or too large for your purpose.

Additional searches proved fruitless.

  • At that price, I would be buying a few hacksaw blades...
    – Solar Mike
    Jul 31, 2019 at 22:16
  • 1
    Yes, at that price, a piece of flat bottom steel U-channel and the saw would make short work of the brackets. Maybe a dremel cutter for faster results.
    – fred_dot_u
    Jul 31, 2019 at 22:21
  • A $15 angle grinder and a 1mm cut-off wheel, even faster
    – Jasen
    Aug 1, 2019 at 5:01
  • The angle grinder & cutoff wheel option, @Jasen, would also make quick work of a section of steel U-channel while a novice user learned his trade...
    – FreeMan
    Aug 23, 2021 at 17:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.