I think I’ve found a potential design flaw in an extension cord. It allows you to plug in the hot blade, while leaving the neutral blade out and exposed. Obviously you shouldn’t try and use the cord like this, but is this actually safe, as in you won’t get a shock from touching the exposed pins?
It seems like I could complete a circuit to ground by touching the exposed neutral blade, which obviously I don't think would be great for my health.
I'm in Canada, the outlet it's plugged into is wired correctly, and there's no GFCI on the circuit.