Hi we have a pipe where we want to take the wall out and put French doors in but are unsure what the pipe is and whether we are able to move it or get rid of it

  • In most construction a water pipe is copper or plastic. Gas is usually black iron pipe. A picture would be helpful. – jwh20 Jul 28 '19 at 12:44
  • Hello, and welcome to Home Improvement. We'll need more info to help you. And, you should probably take our tour so you'll know how best to participate here. – Daniel Griscom Jul 28 '19 at 12:55
  • 2
    What pic where? – Solar Mike Jul 28 '19 at 15:48
  • 1
    put your ear against the pipe and have someone turn a tap in the kitchen on and off several times ... you may be able to hear the water rushing through the pipes – jsotola Jul 28 '19 at 15:53
  • 1
    I suggest basics; follow to where it starts or ends . You will be very disappointed when you cut it to find either gas or water ( or even electricity). – blacksmith37 Jul 28 '19 at 20:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.