It is an old lamp from IKEA

enter image description here

Here is a picture of the inside of it

enter image description here

I could not remember what kind of light bulb it uses. Can anyone able to identify the right kind?

It would be even greater if you link back to the IKEA catalogue.

Measurement of the socket: 1 inch at the widest


  1. Photo of a label at the bottom

enter image description here

  1. Yes, I live in Australia 🦘
  • You've been given the information you need. The rest is up to you. We're not going to achieve 100% confidence with what we have to work with. – isherwood Jul 28 at 16:10

IKEA provides a tool to help identify bulb size. The one you need is listed as a group: (E12, E14, E17 or SES)

The 12 in E12, for example, means a diameter of 12mm. This is just a bit under 1/2". Carefully measure the size of the threaded cylinder and you should know which size you need. E14 will be about 9/16". E17 will be about 11/16". E14 and SES are the same.

E14/SES seems to be the most common and is probably your huckleberry.

  • E17 should be a bit bigger than 5/8". 3/4" is a magic size, it equals 19mm dead-on. – Harper - Reinstate Monica Jul 28 at 3:54
  • I've updated the fractional rough equivalents at risk of confusing some readers. Sixteenths are often intimidating. – isherwood Jul 28 at 16:08

Edison screw (ES) is correct, in Australia this will be almost certainly an E14 size. This is the commonest small size. You might have one in your fridge to test. Make sure the rest of the bulb can fit! I live in Aust.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.