A friend redid the in-wall duct for the dryer, leaving a crimped duct coming (slightly) out of the wall. Our dryer has a crimped duct emerging as well.

Friend, who has left the area, was probably intending for us to connect crimped to crimped with "slinky" flexible dryer duct. I'm concerned about that, since that's flammable (though in truth we've used it before).

So I'd rather use standard mostly rigid duct pieces to connect dryer to wall. But that will require either an uncrimped-to-uncrimped connector (which I can't find anywhere to buy) or squeezing a crimped connector into the crimped duct in the wall.

What's the safest yet still time efficient way to proceed?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.