I have a horizontal flow brand-new HVAC unit, with a 1" thick insulation board plenum which has had some water ingestion on the bottom panel. The unit is in the attic.

I'm quite confident the water will evaporate now that I've solved the source, but is there a chemical I can use to prevent bacterial growth till that time? Preferably not sodium hypochlorite, but I'm open to anything.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.