I need to turn off the water supply to this washing machine.

What kind of a valve is this? How do I operate it?

Furthermore, why are there three rubber wires that leave the hot and cold water pipes?



Maybe these two steel nobs are opening/closing the valves? You see them? It's those two steel colored thingies, one on the right, one on the left.

Furthermore, what are those cylinders for? What the hell is that? I've never seen that before.

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • 3
    Hot and cold to the washer, maybe a line from the cold for steam to the dryer? It’s hard to tell from your photos, but I suspect the valve is above where those hoses come out, maybe quarter turn valves?
    – kponz
    Jul 12 '19 at 2:49
  • 1
    I don’t see a shutoff. Perhaps more pictures like the first. Three water lines are likely cold, hot, and one for a steam feature on your dryer Jul 12 '19 at 2:49
  • 4
    google water hammer arrestor ... look at pictures and read descriptions
    – jsotola
    Jul 12 '19 at 3:17
  • 1
    There are no valves there. All those "knobs" are hose connectors. Jul 12 '19 at 13:30
  • 1
    The original photos were photos of the screen of a special camera. Very weak in red, so super cyan. Fixed in photoshop. Jul 12 '19 at 15:03

Those two knobs, the tiny ones on the inner sides of the hose connectors are the valves.

enter image description here

  • I’d love to see a picture of it removed cause I still don’t recognize a valve even with the arrows Jul 12 '19 at 23:23

The cylinders are to reduce water hammer (they are basically shock adsorbers for the water that's moving in the pipe being suddenly stopped by the very fast valves inside the washing machine.)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.