enter image description here I believe this is used with welders because i found it inside a welding helmet.... Could somebody tell me what this is exactly?

  • 1
    Can you unfold the thing and show a clearer picture? – Michael Karas Jul 11 at 5:29
  • what happens when you squeeze the handle? – jsotola Jul 12 at 3:35

spark lighter

According to an ozzie web site, it's a non-flint electronic spark lighter.

  • 1
    how did you even find this from the pic ???? – mrid Jul 13 at 5:56
  • @mrid Google has a reverse-image look up feature. – Cascabel Jul 13 at 12:35
  • also, text search on the Google takes "welding spark lighter" as a useful search term. – fred_dot_u Jul 14 at 0:43

It is a electric striker for lighting a oxy acetylene torch , I have the same one, I bought it about 30 years ago.

  • 2
    Hello, and welcome to Home Improvement. Thanks for the answer; keep 'em coming. And, you should probably take our tour so you'll know how best to contribute here. – Daniel Griscom Jul 12 at 22:30

protected by Niall C. Jul 12 at 19:18

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.