enter image description here I believe this is used with welders because i found it inside a welding helmet.... Could somebody tell me what this is exactly?

  • 1
    Can you unfold the thing and show a clearer picture? – Michael Karas Jul 11 '19 at 5:29
  • what happens when you squeeze the handle? – jsotola Jul 12 '19 at 3:35

spark lighter

According to an ozzie web site, it's a non-flint electronic spark lighter.

  • 1
    how did you even find this from the pic ???? – mrid Jul 13 '19 at 5:56
  • @mrid Google has a reverse-image look up feature. – Cascabel Jul 13 '19 at 12:35
  • also, text search on the Google takes "welding spark lighter" as a useful search term. – fred_dot_u Jul 14 '19 at 0:43

It is a electric striker for lighting a oxy acetylene torch , I have the same one, I bought it about 30 years ago.

  • 2
    Hello, and welcome to Home Improvement. Thanks for the answer; keep 'em coming. And, you should probably take our tour so you'll know how best to contribute here. – Daniel Griscom Jul 12 '19 at 22:30

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.