I want to wrap this vertical wooden beam with drywall so that it blends in with drywall near chilling area as you can see in picture.

enter image description here I have done some drywall repairs in wall but haven't done something like this. I know that I just have to screw drywall pieces on all 4 sides and use joint compound followed by some sanding. But not sure how can I achieve straight 4 corner edges. any tips or links to online articles will be appreciated.

1 Answer 1


Look for a corner bead at your local home improvement place:

enter image description here

  • 1
    Welcome, Your answer needs to explain what the OP should do and how they should do it, not just " you need this part " and link. Please read the tutorial on how to answer in order understand how to post proper answers. diy.stackexchange.com/help/how-to-answer If they do not know what corner bead is they probably do not how to install it correctly.
    – Alaska Man
    Jul 6, 2019 at 19:30
  • Thank you. This looks like what I need. Jul 8, 2019 at 1:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.