I've seen knobs that when twisted operate two bolts, however I can't find them online because I don't know what they are called.

An example might be on cabinet where a knob in the center of one door has a bolt to the top and bottom. I think I've seen it usually where the bolts are surface mounted on the inside of the door.

1 Answer 1


Search for Cremone Bolt. They are a type of cabinet surface bolt latch that operates two rods or bars, usually oriented vertically with a latch bar throwing to the top and the bottom.

enter image description here

Thanks to Van Dyke's Restoration for the pic.

  • I wish I could up-vote this twice; one for the answer, the other for the image credit.
    – stevieb
    Jun 23, 2019 at 15:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.