I have a old house with knob and tube wiring and today my breaker keeps tripping.
I have a couple of 240v outlets (dryer and range) that are on different breakers. I get 115v readings from each of the plugs.
I noticed a copper ground wire coming out from a box that is not attached to anything, that's another issue.
My reason for writing this post is the fact that I'm only getting 115v from the plug and some other 115v outlets through out the house don't work either.
I think they may be wired to the two 240v wires from a junction box somewhere in the house. I'm afraid they shorted out and could cause a fire.
I did turn them off but. Now I have no power to about 8 different outlets from different rooms. Can someone give me some advice, I'm afraid of fire and getting zapped.