I have a broken inner pane on the lower sash and would like to find a replacement sash. I am having trouble identifying the manufacturer.

I am guessing it is a 26 inch square window since it measures 25 1/4 wide by 26 3/8 tall.

Here are the markings on the window:

PAT (VA), SPEC NFRC, SERIES VWDH, MST 3856,PAT M 490, NFRC 100-200, and PAT-M-040.

I can post photos if that's needed. Can you help?

  • How can it be 26" square if one side is 25 1/4" ? – Solar Mike Jun 11 '19 at 12:53
  • 1
    Nominal size isn't particularly useful information. We can deduce that from the dimensions. Wood? Vinyl? Aluminum? – isherwood Jun 11 '19 at 13:06
  • Might be an Andersen Narroline. Did you search that code? – isherwood Jun 11 '19 at 13:08
  • 1
    I bought Kolbe & Kolbe sash and jamb replacement kits. I live in an old house, and of the 17 windows, 2 of them are a standard size. The rest I custom ordered. – Duston Jun 11 '19 at 14:13
  • Can you post photos? – ThreePhaseEel Jun 11 '19 at 22:41

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.