I would like to replace these things that hold in storm windows on a 80 year old house but I do not know what they are called, so I am having difficulty looking them up to buy more. What is the piece that toggles called?

It turns rotates and when it is horizontal it holds a storm window in place. When it is vertical the storm window can be removed.

Trying to figure out what this piece is called

  • 3
    I remember the term butterfly latch... – Solar Mike Jun 9 '19 at 6:16

Double wing window screen clip ???


| improve this answer | |

So I googled "butterfly latch" and then a related result was "turn button latch" and I think that is the answer. Window screen clip is the name of the smaller clips that are designed to hold a modern style screen in over a window.

| improve this answer | |
  • I have some.They are still out there, – user101687 Jun 9 '19 at 18:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.