Can somebody please tell me why this is happening and how to permanently fix it? Thank you!

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here


I think that is mesh drywall joint tape showing through.

To fix it you would want to scuff up the wall area where you can see it, with fine sandpaper. Then apply joint compound, in several successively wider coats, sanding between each coat and also after the final coat. Then repaint.

  • I agree, but it looks like it's buckling in spots to me. There may be movement in the framing. – isherwood Jun 6 '19 at 15:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.