Buying a home. Renovating a bathroom with concrete slab for a floor. Specifically need to move the toilet at least 12" to the right. After the toilet is moved we'll install a LONG 2 sink vanity. I do NOT want to cut another hole in the slab and would like to avoid putting the toilet on a raised wood platform. My thought was to move the toilet over 12" and plumb it in back over to the existing closet drain and then the new vanity will cover that piping. There, easy and all I need to do is find a toilet that would allow me to do that. So my research showed me a left hand discharge drain toilet. It has the discharge hole coming out the left side of the toilet horizontally about 6" +/- above the floor. Cool, I thought, but I can't seem to find anywhere that sells them in the USA. So then I thought I'd go with a back discharge toilet but the ones I found have to be attached to the wall. Any ideas would be much appreciated...Thanks

  • 1
    Hello and welcome if you could send pics of work area , It would help a lot and a drawing of your layout ... Also what size drain pipe do you have sounds like there was a toilet before .
    – user101687
    May 26 '19 at 23:24
  • upflushtoilet.com/products/saniflo-saniplus. The saniflo toilet could be an answer if all else fails
    – Kris
    May 27 '19 at 2:06
  • hugooliver.com/shop/toilets/close-coupled-toilets/…. Is this the one you found?
    – Kris
    May 27 '19 at 3:08
  • A skew trap or skew pan toilet is the search term I found for such a toilet. Australia New Zealand UK Japan but none in USA. Interesting question. Learned something new here.
    – Kris
    May 27 '19 at 5:28
  • Kris- Yes, that's the one I found but it's in Europe...Wonder why we don't sell them in the US...? The other one with the floor level tank won't work...
    – Norseman
    May 28 '19 at 1:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.