I installed a new ceiling fan that has a remote switch box. Everything worked fine. I couldn’t tell what colors the wires were in the ceiling, but followed the wiring that was already there. Now, the only thing that works in the circuit is the fan. I just found out another switch controls the fan now on its own, but not the light it’s supposed to... Why would the circuit change with the added remote fan and how can I fix it?
reference: sw1 and sw2 are connected to the fan, sw3 is an exterior light wired in the same box as sw2, sw4 and sw5 are in two other rooms.
- Only the fan works; the other three lights do not work.
- all sw off (fan off) - 1 white pwr, 2 no pwr, 3 top black pwr
- Sw2 on (fan off) - same as all off
- Sw1 on (fan off) - 1 w/b pwr, 2 travel black pwr, 3 top black pwr
- Sw1 on/sw2 on (fan on)- 1 w/b/r pwr, 2 tb/b/r pwr, 3 b/b pwr
- Sw1 on/sw3 on (fan on) - Same as 1/2 on
- Sw3 on (fan on) - same as 1/2 and 1/3
Fan box Fan remote assembly instructions Sw5 light