I need a vent cap to fit without touching an adjacent vent pipe i.e.vent cap cover needs to be < 4 1/2 " ( possibly might work <5" ) to fit into opening to exhaust air outside from a bathroom.

  • 1
    Unclear what you are asking. Perhaps a photo of the vent where it exits the house would help.
    – Kris
    May 23, 2019 at 13:27

2 Answers 2


How about using an off-set vent cap like this: Sears.com offset vent

Or extend and vent to the side: Whirlpool 5-in x 4-in Galvanized Steel Round Duct Elbow


3" is a less-common but still available size.
Here's a few options in 3"

  • A [dryer vent cap][1]
  • A [misc vent][2] cap
  • [Another][3]

Caution if constricting a 4" fan outlet to a 3" vent, the flow restriction can cause the fan to encounter too much resistance and burn up. [1]: https://seiho.com/product/cfx/cfx.html [2]: https://seiho.com/product/sfx/sfx.html [3]: https://seiho.com/product/kx/kx.html

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.