What is the best way to glue a broken double-strength (⅛" thick) piece of glass? What sort of adhesive should I use?

The piece I need to glue back is about 6×12" in size, and it came off the edge of a ~2×3' rectangular pane.

  • 1
    The "best way" is to buy a new ~2x3 foot pane, or if you have something like a greenhouse with lots of them, a box-full of spares, because you will need them eventually. Glue will inevitably be substandard and problematic, IMHO, IME.
    – Ecnerwal
    May 10 '19 at 22:41
  • @Ecnerwal Yes, I was looking at adhesives, and they would cost more than buying new glass!
    – Geremia
    May 10 '19 at 23:00
  • I assume that double strength glass (3.0 mm thick) can be cut with a glass cutter like single-strength (2.2 mm thick)? May 11 '19 at 0:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.