I have a cracked front porch slab at the front corners where it supports two decorative columns that support a small roof covering the entry door. I discovered that the pillars are on a stack of bricks which, after freeze/thaw cycles, are crumbling and shedding, and cracking the corner off the slab under the posts.
How should I go about fixing this?
- Support roof with beam and jack posts
- remove existing posts
- break up areas of concrete slab containing bricks, and completely remove brick
- drill good concrete and place rebar extending into void areas formerly occupied by brick
- place forms to be able to pour concrete. Pour concrete
- put posts back in place and remove forms
- skim-coat the whole slab for uniform appearance