I live in Pennsylvania. I need to run one line for an electric dryer and another line for an electric washer. Can you please tell me what wire type (or size) to use and what amp size to use in the breaker box, which is a GE that has spare spaces in it? The run is planned to be a surface run in conduit over to the appliances, in a basement.enter image description here

  • Is this run going to be exposed on the surface of a wall, or hidden away inside a wall? What make and model is your breaker box, for that matter? – ThreePhaseEel May 2 '19 at 2:54
  • Does the breaker box have spare spaces in it? – ThreePhaseEel May 2 '19 at 3:05
  • Also, is this run simply going over from the breaker box to a location in the same room, or does it have to go off into an adjacent room and/or around corners? And I take it the breaker box is mounted sticking out from the wall it's on, right? – ThreePhaseEel May 2 '19 at 3:09
  • yes there are spare spaces and its just a short simple run from the box to the appliances which are all in the basement – woody May 2 '19 at 3:11
  • Does your dryer already have a 4-prong plug on it, or are you going dryer-shopping as part of this? – ThreePhaseEel May 2 '19 at 3:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.