My grandfather called them "order clerk pliers" but can't find that name anywhere on the internet. The brand is Sargent but I can't find anything else about them. The "bolt cutter" like snip at the top is very powerful I've used them for cutting metal fencing, wires, all kinds of stuff.

enter image description here

  • 1
    One aspect of them is that they appear to be a "parallel jaw" arrangement on the main jaw with the double-joint, before getting into the specific variant that also has a cutter.
    – Ecnerwal
    Apr 27, 2019 at 2:25

1 Answer 1


#1026 - Side Cutting Pliers - 3/8" Jaw Width

enter image description here

Sargent seems to still sell something like these, called Side Cutting Pliers. They also have a variant without the cutter, called parallel action pliers.

  • 5
    Side cutting pliers. Not to be confused with side cutters. And as Ecnerwal mentioned, technically: Side Cutting Parallel Pliers.
    – Mazura
    Apr 27, 2019 at 2:54
  • 2
    Originally Bernard youtube.com/watch?v=YEDTykDgu74 Apr 27, 2019 at 14:18

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.