I am looking for the name of the cable that goes from a 4-way TV splitter (the Power pass out input) to the back of my TV, as mine has broken and needs replacing.

This is to get my antenna and satellite connected.

Here's an image for reference. The cable from the splitter to TV 1 is the one I need the name of :)

I have bought a coaxial cable female to male but this does not fit.

Any help would be really really appreciated!

  • Your link comes up with a lot of different diagrams but most of them just seem to use standard “F” (screw-on) connectors. Can you please give us a photo of your actual unit? – DoxyLover Apr 25 '19 at 14:39
  • Hello, and welcome to Home Improvement. @DoxyLover is right: you almost certainly are talking about an F connector. – Daniel Griscom Apr 25 '19 at 14:42
  • Thanks for responses. Is that F connector male to male? One has a screw top that goes into the power pass tv splitter though, so surely they are not the same ends? – MariaC Apr 25 '19 at 15:04
  • If you follow the link that Daniel provided, you’ll see that the female has the external threads and the male has the center pin and internal threads. Typically, the cable has male connector on both ends. If you need to extend the cable, you can use a double-female barrel connector. – DoxyLover Apr 25 '19 at 15:51
  • 1
    @DoxyLover I stand corrected ! i also found documentation that confirms you are correct. – Alaska Man Apr 25 '19 at 17:30

The photo you posted of connection on the back of your TV is odd. I do not recognize the connector labeled antenna, the connector for the satellite is a coaxial F connection and that is what typical antenna connectors are in the USA. Do you have the manual for the TV, can you tell us the model number. Possible your tv came with an adapter for this

It is possibly a Belling-Lee connector

Common in Europe and the Australia.

if you are handy you can put a Belling-Lee connector on a coaxial cable. How to wire a Belling-Lee connector

I found this adapter to convert an f connector to a belling-lee.

enter image description here

  • 1
    Hi there, thanks for for your response. The tv I have is a [Philips 43PUS6753](www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CD2DJLY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_o3EWCbHC29KVD) – MariaC Apr 25 '19 at 17:36
  • 1
    i believe it is the Belling-Lee - philips.co.uk/c-p/43PUS6753_12/… – Alaska Man Apr 25 '19 at 17:38
  • European antenna connection name: Belling-Lee connector. I can't remember if an RCA plug will fit or not. They're different by .021ths of an inch... – Mazura Apr 26 '19 at 2:31
  • 1
    RCAs will not fit Belling-Lees and vice versa. – SomeoneSomewhereSupportsMonica Apr 26 '19 at 7:24
  • Here is an image of the splitter and input cable for my tv. I have 4 cables going into the splitter. The one shown in this is the input I need (because I need 2 of them, but I only have 1), but I do not know the name of it. It seems neither the f connector male or fconnector female will go into the splitter without making my own connected wire. I do not want to wire my own cable or assemble anything together, so I am hoping that I can buy a cable that already has the ends/connectors on both sides already? – MariaC Apr 26 '19 at 10:19

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.