Window sill

Window sill close up

What is the correct product to fill this joint with? If I should use a cement based product I do have a can of water plug which I'd rather use than buy a 60 pound bag of something else.

  • You could simply caulk it. – Chris Cudmore Apr 24 '19 at 16:26

I use Quad Window Door and siding sealant.

You can get in grey.

Mask off the sill so you you do not get it where you do not want it. Fill the gap then take you finger and dip it denatured alcohol and use your finger to smooth it out, do not work it to much. Pull your tape and your done.

It will help to do a practice run on some scrap wood or something so you understand how to work with it.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.