I am building a foundation for a 10x12 metal/vinyl coated shed. The foundation is ready with four 12" diameter concrete pillars and another three pillars down the center. I used concrete strong tie anchors in the wet concrete that accept a 4x4. I am using (3) 4x4's that I will place over and anchor to the concrete pillars. The pillars are elevated at least 12" on the high side and 4" on the low side for no ground contact and good drainage underneath. I plan on just placing the assembled 2x6 frame on top and nailing it to the 4x4's.
I was looking for some pointers on the following:
- How to make sure it's square?
- How to make sure the joists are level with the header boards
- Should I go 16 on center or 12 and what size nails or screws?
- Do I use joist hangers and hurricane ties (between joist & 4x4's)?
- Do I need to use blocking for better support?