I have two sets of track lighting on the same switch, and one of the tracks flashes at a low frequency at seemingly random times. Video of the behavior.
Some relevant details:
- The two tracks are on different transformers. The transformer on the issue track has a 150W max. It is an electronic transformer.
- The track with the issue has 2 50W halogen bulbs, but exhibits same behavior with 3 50W bulbs.
- It doesn't appear to be related to high load from my condo unit, i.e. even if the AC / heat, washer / dryer, dishwasher, etc are all off, it can still happen.
- The lights are on a 3-way switch with a dimmer, but I swapped out the dimmer for a regular switch and it exhibited the same behavior.
- The voltage on the track when it's doing this oscillates between 0 and 1.5V. Normal output should be 11.5, but I'm reading closer to 10.5 during normal operation.