I have an old window A/C unit which the electronic panel is malfunctioning.
Basically, it keeps changing randomly the settings (watch the video). Examples:
- If I set the fan to low, after a while it might switch to high (and vice-versa).
- If I set to energy save, after a while it might switch to turbo.
- Sometimes I can't turn it on or off, although I can hear the 'beep' from the panel.
- ... etc ...
Besides that, it is working fine (ie: it can cool down the room).
Recently I called a technician to repair this unit. He said that this unit is too old to find spare parts and the most cost effective solution would probably be to buy a new one (unfortunately, buy a new one is not an option for me).
Any idea how to repair this unit?
Air Conditioner description
- Model: Springer Mundial Eletrônico
- Type: Window
- Capacity: 10500 BTU/h cold only