I am hoping to bracket two pieces of wood together at in a removable fashion (parts of a table that can be disassembled).

Through research I found hanger bolts which look close to what I would want, but I think ideally I would have some sort of hollow screw into which a bolt could be threaded. That way I could screw into the wood once and then thread a bolt to attach the bracket when necessary.

Does this sort of part exist and if so what would be it's name?

Also is this a decent idea in general or is there a better way?


How about a "T Nut"?
enter image description here
Drill a hole for the central threaded part, then knock it in so the teeth grip & hold.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.