This is a picture of the underside of my weed whacker/eater. I'm wanting to purchase the "socket" which connects to the Axle below. But I'm not sure what you would call this part. Can someone help me out ? Thanks in Advance, Patrick

Edit to clarify - Just the small part that would fit directly around the Axle.

enter image description here

"Socket": enter image description here


If you are talking about the part foremost in your image then a quality adjustable spanner (with parallel faces) is what I use, with an open end spanner on the flats on the shaft which will be below the cable device held on by that nut.

  • Thanks for the reply. I have added a picture of the receiver / socket. Do the metal parts have a name ? If I wanted to purchase something like this what would they be called ? Or is this a custom / non-standard item ? – Patrick Rynhart Apr 7 '19 at 6:01
  • If you want the item in you second image then manufacturer / dealer. If you want a "socket" to turn the other part then afaik you will need to get that made. – Solar Mike Apr 7 '19 at 6:03
  • Thanks - I'm trying to attach a different (metal and non-compatible) blade - but need to be able to source and then wield that strange metal central part. (I don't want to change/damage what I've got - as am just experimenting with super-charging my weed-whacker :-).) – Patrick Rynhart Apr 7 '19 at 6:07

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.