I have a furnace equipped with 1/2" pipe for gas supply. The protruding pipe is male npt. The 10KBtu wall furnace expects 11-13" w.c. Are there solutions out there that go from a 20lb propane tank on one end to the 1/2" npt on the other? I'll just use a 3/8" adaptor to 1/2" if needed, since it seems like everything out there is 3/8".

I want to have 10' of hose or so and a twin-stage regulator to 11" w.c.

1 Answer 1


The barbecue regulators are all you need with the appropriate adapter. Usually on a crimped barbecue reg the output side is a female flare fitting. So you'd need a 1/2 npt x I think 3/8 flare.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.