I am running Cat-6 and Coax in new construction. I am looking for advice/best practices on how to organize and secure the cables during the runs.
I will be running 2 Cat-6 and 1 Coax to a single-gang box in nearly each major room. These runs will converge at certain points as they are run into the basement.
Let's take these scenarios:
- I have 3-wires running along a stud or joist (1 coax and 2 cat-6)
- Would you just use a staple(s)? Why or Why not?
- Should I use a cable stacker like this?
- Let's say I have 6-12 wires.
- Cable stackers?
- I saw these things called "Cable Caddys" (below) which look nice, but cost almost $1 a piece, which got me thinking that PVC cable clamps would work just as well, for much cheaper, but I'm thinking the stackers would work better.
- As all the wires (20-30) enter the basement and run along a joist, I realize I can use a raceway, but don't really want to spend the extra money. Is there anything wrong with using a large PVC clamp, like below?