On the amazing The Fletcher Capstan Table video, I can see some very useful metal fittings, but I can't for the life of me find them anywhere. This is probably because I don't know what they're called.

Metal Biscuits

I'd describe them as metal biscuits, which allow two pieces of wood to come together edge to edge, and align perfectly flush.


Metal biscuit joiners, according to Lee Valley Tools.

enter image description here

Lamello, also offers a wide variety of biscuit type connectors.

  • These are very close, but not quite the same. The ones on the Capstan Table so not need to slide to disengage. – Rocketmagnet Aug 2 '12 at 13:32
  • 1
    I.E. the metal biscuit joiners are semi-permanent fittings, whereas the ones on the table are intended to connect and disconnect very easily. – Rocketmagnet Aug 2 '12 at 14:06
  • 1
    @Rocketmagnet Well, they would either be called biscuits or plates, but I was not able to find anywhere online that sold metal ones. It's possible that whoever made the table, also custom made the biscuits. – Tester101 Aug 2 '12 at 14:55
  • 1
    Is there a general name for metal parts that go into furniture? "Furniture fittings" ? – Rocketmagnet Aug 2 '12 at 15:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.