I am trying to remove a quarter turn tap valve from a bathroom sink mixer tap. All the guides I've found expect there to be a hexagonal part on the valve to use a spanner to unscrew it, but this one is just round. I've tried pulling it outwards with a spanner behind the lip at the top, but it hasn't shifted. Any ideas on how to get this out?

quarter turn valve

whole tap


Use a deep socket or box spanner (image below) to get to the large hexagon that is at the bottom of the hole in the top picture - visible clearer in the image if you zoom in.

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.