I have some hardware that has screwholes but I want to mount it to the wall such that it can be easily removed. Is there some kind of adapter I can purchase such that it can be unclipped easily in the same manner as hardware that has 'keyhole' slots?

  • Can you be more specific on what you are trying to hang? How big are the holes in it? What's it made out of? How heavy is it?
    – JPhi1618
    Feb 26, 2019 at 22:07
  • I want to mount this to the inside of a cupboard, but I want to be able to unclip it easily so that I can move the cupboard without all the batteries falling out: amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H9YFBQK/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1
    – Oenotria
    Feb 26, 2019 at 22:16
  • Can you provide pictures of the back of that battery holder? I didn’t see any pictures that helped me understand how anything would attach to it Feb 26, 2019 at 23:13

1 Answer 1


If the battery holder has enough room in the holes where the screws go, that you could drill another hole below it, but larger, that the screw head can pass through, then slide down, then yes. I bought one like that just about 2 weeks ago, and the holes were beneath the AA battery slots and centered in the slot. No way to extend the hole to make it moveable. But, you could mount it to a thin board or wooden paint stirrer, yardstick, wood ruler, etc. Then you can drill a small hole in the upper section, with a larger one below and cut a slot between them to slide the screw on to. I am not aware of any adapters, but easy to make your own.

Sample:Quick drawing

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.